Tour Agri-Art Tour 2020
A new initiative of the Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network, which will pair host farms and agri-venues with artists and artisans. A map and interactive website map will draw visitors to the farms and agri-venues across Eastern Ontario including the county of Prescott-Russell, Stormont- Dundas-Glengarry and parts of Ottawa. It is an opportunity for artists and artisans (original fine crafts) to expose and sell their work at a farm or venue on the event weekend. Tour Agri-Art Tour 2020 will take place Sept 5-6-7, 2020.
Responsibility of the artist/artisan
- The artist who agrees to be part of the Tour Agri-Art Tour 2020:
- Work to pair themselves with a participating host farm or venue or be willing to be chosen by a hosting farm or venue
- Must be present on September 5,6 and 7th for the duration of the event
- Is responsible to bring all their equipment (materials for display at an outdoor event, lawn chair, table, canopy, etc.)
- Be responsible for their own sales
- Will have insurance for the event as specified in the contract for the event
- Agree to other stipulation as set out by the contract- although this event is free for artist to register, they may be asked by the host farm or venue to share in the host fee ($150) or other event facility costs (portable toilet rental), these cost will be outlined in the contract
- Agree to report summary of sales and number of visitors (This is important as reports are requirement of the grant received for this event)
- Any artist /artisan wishing to participate in this call must:
- Provide a brief description of the kind of work that they make (25 words or less)
- Complete and return the registration form
- Information session Feb 11, 2020 Isidore Recreation Centre, 20 Arena Street, St-Isidore, Ontario, K0C 2B0
- Matched with a host farm or agro-venue (with a signed contract) by March 10, 2020 so that their name can be included on the map.